The McQuaid Counseling Office hosts a parent program night for freshmen/sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Each parent night concentrates on what to expect in that coming year, as well as a road map of what is ahead. Additionally, we will host a College Financial Aid Night, College Information Week, and Transition to College Program.
2020-21 Parent Program Night Schedule
All events will be held virtually unless otherwise noted.
- 12th Grade Parent Night – Thursday, September 17 | 6:30 p.m.
- College Financial Aid Night – Monday, September 28 | 6:30 p.m.
- 9th and 10th Grade Parent Night – Tuesday, October 6 | 6:30 p.m.
- College Information Week – December 7-10
- See details below.
- 11th Grade Parent Night – Thursday, January 21 | 6:30 p.m.
- Transition to College Program – Tuesday, May 18 | 6:30 p.m.
College Information Week
Common Application 101 | Recording
How To Maximize The College Interview | Recording
College Admissions and Aid Acquisition During and Post-COVID | Recording
How College Admissions Decisions Are Made: The Shaping of an Incoming Class | Recording
Naviance: A College Planning Tool for Parents, Students, and Counselors | Recording
Do’s and Don’ts: Advice on Selective College Admissions and Finding Your Best Fit | Recording
An Overview of Standardized Testing: Is Any Test “Optional”? | Recording
The Importance of College Visits in a Virtual Environment | Recording
Practical Advice for the College-Bound Student Athlete | Recording