The McQuaid Counseling Office hosts a parent program night for freshmen/sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Each parent night concentrates on what to expect in that coming year, as well as a road map of what is ahead. Additionally, we will host a College Financial Aid Night, College Information Week, and Transition to College Program.
2021-22 Parent Program Night Schedule
All events this year will be in person. Any recordings shown below are from past virtual events presented in 2020*
- 12th Grade Parent Night – Thursday, September 16, 2021 | 6:30 p.m.
- College Financial Aid Night – Monday, September 27, 2021 | 6:30 p.m.
- 9th and 10th Grade Parent Night – Tuesday, October 5, 2021 | 6:30 p.m.
- Virtual College Information Week– Monday, December 6 – Thursday December 9, 2021 | Livestream Schedule BELOW
- 11th Grade Parent Night – Thursday, January 20, 2022 | 6:30 p.m.
- 11th Grade Parent Night (Part 2) – Wednesday, April 6, 2022 | 6:30 p.m.
- Transition to College Program – Tuesday, May 17, 2022 | 6:30 p.m.
College Information Week
Monday, December 6
- 6:30-7:15 p.m. – The Shaping of a Freshman Class: How Does “Holistic” Admissions Work? | Livestream
- 7:30-8:15 p.m. – Understanding Highly Selective College Admissions | Livestream
Tuesday, December 7
- 5:30-6:15 p.m. – Financial Aid 101: Paying For College | Livestream
- 6:30-7:15 p.m. – The College Search Process | Livestream
- 7:30-8:15 p.m. – Practical Advice for the College-Bound Student Athlete | Livestream
Wednesday, December 8
- 6:30-7:15 p.m. – Why Stay Jesuit? The Benefits of a Jesuit College Experience | Livestream
- 7:30-8:15 p.m. – Has The Pandemic Put an End to the SAT and ACT? | Livestream
Thursday, December 9
- 5:30-6:15 p.m. – Demystifying the College Application Review Process | Livestream
- 6:30-7:15 p.m. – How to Ace the College Interview | Livestream
- 7:30-8:15 p.m. – Naviance: A College Planning Tool for Students and Parents | Livestream