As part of the admissions process, applicants are asked to write a personal reflection on a specific topic. The topic an applicant writes about is based upon the grade he is applying for. Click the appropriate grade below to see your topic along with questions to help guide your reflection.
Directions: Please use the following instructions when constructing your essay.
- Introduce the topic and provide a clear topic sentence.
- Provide strong reasoning and specific examples in the body paragraphs.
- Conclude your essay by summarizing your claims and end with an effective closing statement.
Your reflection should be no fewer than 250 words. Upon completing your reflection, please upload it as either a Word or PDF document using the form uploader below.
- What does being a leader mean to you?
- What qualities make someone a good leader?
- Who is someone in your life that is a great leader?
- What challenges might a leader face?
- Describe a time that you had to step-up as a leader in a challenging situation.
- If you could study one thing in depth, simply because you’re interested in it, or love it, what would it be?
- Explain how you became interested.
- What would you do with your new found knowledge?
You may write about a specific subject in school, a favorite hobby of yours, or something you just want to learn more about.
Topic: Hard Work
- Describe a time that you had to work extra hard at something to accomplish a goal.
- What did you learn?
- How will you use what you learned moving forward?
- In your opinion, how will hard work help you excel at McQuaid Jesuit?