In response to the parking congestion that continually causes us to receive recommendations from the Brighton Fire Department, the following regulations are in effect.
- Students will receive parking stickers from the dean’s office. The student parking fee will be $50.00 payable in the dean’s office.
- A maximum of 100 parking spaces will be available. Once these have been assigned, no further on-campus parking will be allowed.
- Seniors and students who live in outlying districts will be given priority to the available parking spaces after which other eligible drivers will be considered.
- Students are not allowed to park in the circle in front of the building. Students are NOT to park in the spaces designated as faculty, staff and/or visitor parking.
- Cars parked in “no parking” areas and cars parked on campus without a valid parking sticker affixed to the window will be ticketed and subject to towing at the owner’s expense. The ticket fee will be $25 per ticket payable in the dean’s office.
- Failure to pay for parking tickets will result in the loss of parking privileges and the withholding of student records.
- Students who are observed operating an automobile in an unsafe manner will have their parking privileges suspended or revoked and will face disciplinary consequences. A 10-mph speed limit is to be maintained on school property at all times.
- Repeated violations of the parking regulations may result in the car being towed at the owner’s expense.
- Automobiles are off limits during the school day.
- Students are advised not to park in lots neighboring McQuaid Jesuit, i.e., Tops and the Medical buildings. Students’ cars are subject to towing.
These regulations are aimed at creating an environment that is consistent with local codes and one that allows for the highest degree of safety for the community of McQuaid Jesuit.