Step 1: Express Your Interest
McQuaid utilizes an online portal for all prospective students. So whether you are fully committed to enrolling or still deciding, the first step is to click the link below and fill out our interest form. Once submitted, you will receive an email from our Admissions Office within 48 hours with a link to create an account for our online portal. By creating an account, our admissions team will better be able to serve you and you will be able to easily keep track of everything needed for enrollment into the school.
Step 2: Create Account & Begin Checklist
Once you have created an account you will be assigned a checklist requesting the following items:
– completed application form
– entrance exam
– personal recommendation
– academic records
Step 3: Enroll
We accept applications throughout the year. An application must be completed in its entirety in order for an application to be reviewed. Once reviewed, a notification of the admissions decision will become available in the application portal. Once accepted, registration materials will become available. Applicants may register by submitting a non-refundable registration fee and tuition deposit. Families applying for financial aid may submit a financial aid application to FAST.
As a Jesuit school, McQuaid Jesuit is committed to forming a “global perspective” within its students. The goal of the International Student Program (ISP) is to enhance our Jesuit mission by providing a context out of which our students may more fully engage diverse global cultures, participate in meaningful reflection, and grow in their response of love to a world “charged with the grandeur of God.”
In addition to developing a global perspective within our school, the ISP helps our international students integrate into our school culture, engage in the very best middle and high school educational experience, and succeed in the finest colleges and universities.
Students in the ISP participate in the full McQuaid curriculum. A few adaptations may be made to both acknowledge a student’s strengths as well as accommodate his challenges. For example, students for whom English is not their first language have the opportunity to integrate an additional English class (ESL) into their daily schedules. Other academic support opportunities and resources also are available. A student’s curriculum is developed in conjunction with the ISP coordinator and his student counselor.
International students are encouraged to participate in those co-curricular activities in which they have interest or on athletic teams for which they have capacity. They also are invited to participate in student retreats and must fulfill their service requirements.
Admissions Process & Criteria
Candidates will be considered for admission into all grades in the middle school (6-8), as well as into freshman, sophomore and junior years (9-11) in the high school. We do not admit transfer students into senior year (12).
1. Complete the McQuaid admissions process.
2. Demonstrate English proficiency in oral and written modes. Submit TOEFL (minimum score of 85 or equivalent) or TOEFL Junior scores (minimum score of 800 or equivalent) and a writing sample, and participate in a student interview, either in person or via Skype.
3. Obtain and verify immunizations. For more information on required immunizations, please visit the NYS Department of Health website. Submit the McQuaid Health Form, a copy of your immunization records, and a copy of your medical insurance form, valid for the entire program time.
4. Meet immigration requirements set by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. International students should apply for and receive the SEVIS F-1 Visa with the U.S. Consulate. McQuaid can only issue the I-20 form when a family demonstrates the ability to meet all costs associated with attending school in the United States.
5. Register with a study agency approved by McQuaid. We currently work with Ivy International.
6. Submit payment for all McQuaid tuition and fees directly to the school’s Finance Office. Financial aid is not available for international students.
Please contact Mr. Cory Parker, ’13 at email@example.com or (585) 256-6193 for assistance with the admissions process. He will guide students and families throughout the entire process.
Tuition & Fees
McQuaid’s tuition for the 2020-21 school year is $15,400 with a (non-refundable) registration fee of $250. The international student fee is $5,750 and covers the costs of administering the ISP, as well as supporting English language skills and other needs of international students. This fee may be higher, based on the interests and needs of the student.
For more information on the ISP offerings, please contact Mr. Cory Parker, ’13 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 256-6193.
McQuaid Jesuit only accepts new rising seniors if they are transferring from a Jesuit school.