During the academic year, McQuaid Jesuit students, along with female students from area high schools, present two major theater productions, one comedy or drama and one musical. Casting for these shows is open to students in grades 9 through 12; however, certain shows may call for middle school students as well. There also is a need for students interested in the technical aspects of theater, including set construction, lighting, and sound.
2020 Spring Production
Due to health concerns and state/local regulations, the following restrictions and changes have been made for McQuaid’s performances of My Fair Lady:
- Audience will be restricted to ONLY the parents of the cast, crew, and pit of the show. In order to facilitate this, parents with last names between A-G should attend the performance Friday March 13, and parents with last names between H-Z should attend the performance Saturday, March 14.
- A strict limit of 50 audience members will be permitted into the auditorium.
- Tonight and tomorrow night’s performances will be given beginning at 7 p.m.
- Admission will be free, although donations are greatly appreciated. Refunds for tonight’s performance can be redeemed at the box office. Refunds for other nights will be given in the near future.
- The March 13 performance will be videotaped and available for purchase.
- We are currently exploring options to live-stream the performances. We will send out an update should this option become available.
- Strike will follow tomorrow night’s performance. All cast and crew are required to stay.