Thanks to Fr. Marc Roselli, S.J. who led our virtual Christmas Bake-Along December 11. And special thanks to Tim Nally, ’67 who assisted Fr. Roselli and led the trivia portion of the evening. Click here to watch the bake-along. Below is his “Dream Cookie” recipe.
DREAM COOKIE RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper large enough to fit 34-40 cookies.
- Put 1 stick of softened unsalted butter, 4oz of regular cream cheese (half a package), and 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar in a mixing bowl and blend together.
- Once creamy, add 1 teaspoon of pure almond extract. (add a little more for extra flavor)
- In a separate bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix 2 cups of flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder. Gradually spoon this into the other mixture while beating it.
- Using your palms, roll a small portion of dough into a 1 inch ball. Place the ball on the lined cookie sheets and immediately make a depression in the ball using a ¼ teaspoon size spoon. Be sure to do this to avoid letting the dough dry out on the sheet.
- When all cookies have a depression in them, fill with any kind of fruit jam or preserves. (Do not use jelly)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the bottom of the cookie is golden brown. At the 10 minute mark rotate the baking trays.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Take the cookies off the pan and place them on wire racks.
- After the cookies have completely cooled, right before serving, place on a tray or plate with doilies and sprinkle them with confectioner’s sugar.